My Photo
Name:
Location: Dublin, Ireland, Ireland

Friday, March 21, 2014

My First Organ Pipe Concert

A week ago my wife and me were at the Pipe Organ concert at Saint John Cathedral in Limerick http://lpof.ie/gerard-gillen-friday-march-14th-at-8pm-free-admission/#more-34. This concert is a part of Limerick Pipe Organ Festival organised by Limerick Diocese as a part of year long City of Culture programme. The inaugural concert promises to be something special. Taking place at Saint John Cathedral with internationally acclaimed organist Professor Gerard Gillen is something unforgettable. 
The programme will include music spanning several centuries. According to Professor Gillen on of the key strength of the St John's organ is the outstanding acoustic of Cathedral itself. "Acoustic is very important for any instrument not least the organ" he said. 
The festival was opened with Grand Choeur in D op18 Alexander Guilmant (1837-1911). After two hours concert was closed with Fantaisie in F Minor, KV608 W.A. Mozart (1756-1791). After a concert our pleasure was big.That was my first one Pipe Organ concert live and I am eager to see next one.  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home